Service changes as a result of Covid-19/Corona Virus
As cases of coronavirus continue to increase, many organisations have been asked to think about what steps they can take to prevent it spreading. Barnet Carers Centre is no exception.
For those of you who do not know the Carers Centre operates a home care service called Barnet Home Carers. BHC deliver in of excess of 1000 hours of care a week to over 100 Barnet residents some of whom have conditions affecting their ability to fight off illnesses and infections, we are also well aware that you may be caring for individuals who have similar complications. We have a duty of care to those individuals.
In light of the above we have made some alterations to our adult carers services in an effort to reduce the risk of infection as much a possible. The following preventative measures will be implemented from next Mon 16 March which may or may not affect you:
- All training sessions for carers will be delivered via conferencing software
- Our counselling service will operate as a telephone counselling service until further notice
- Our Form Filling service will be on hold until further notice
- Our Legal Advice Service will operate as a telephone only service until further notice
- Our Carers Drop-In Service will cease until further notice
- Our Mental Health Peer Group will be delivered via conferencing software
- Statutory Carers Needs Assessments will be conducted by telephone ONLY until further notice
- Our Carers Support Group at Millway Medical Practice will cease until further notice
- Our Hospital Outreach Services will cease until further notice (as the risk is higher at these locations)
- Our Holistic Health Workshop will be on hold until further notice
- Keep Calm and Sing will be on hold until further notice
- Art Class will be on hold until further notice
If you are currently accessing counselling support at the Carers Centre you should have already heard from us.
We feel it is in the best interest of all of our beneficiaries to operate in a slightly different way for a few weeks while we see how things pan out, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We will, of course, be in touch to let you know when services resume as normal.
If you have any queries or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me. I am available on email@example.com or alternatively you can call me on 0203 995 1909.