Domiciliary Care Assistant – Weekend – Hendon/Golders Green
Barnet Carers Centre has been providing personal and respite care in people’s own homes in the Borough for almost thirty years. We are Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulated and an approved provider to the London Borough of Barnet. We have an excellent reputation amongst care workers and our clients.
As a charity, quality not profit is our driving force. We pride ourselves on the job we do and know that every day, lives are made better by the work that we do.
If you would like to earn a good hourly wage, access high quality in-service training and enjoy a fulfilling job with career prospects and work locally at times that suit you, why not join us at Barnet Carers Centre?
**************************NEXT RECRUITMENT DAY: 26th February********************************
What we offer
- Hours to suit your needs
- Paid training opportunities- All staff are provided with comprehensive induction training and on-going training along with certificates so that you feel confident in your role. All the trainings are provided by our accredited trainers.
- Good pay rates with increases for bank holidays
- Perks of being directly employed: paid holidays and pension
- Dedicated support from the care team with our 24/7 carer helpline
- Opportunities close to home
- We arrange portable DBS certificate for all our staff with a reimbursement of costs
What are we looking for
- Looking for people who want to work in the area of Hendon/Golders Green
- Good English communications skills
- Flexible availability
- Car driver (desirable, but not necessary)
- QCF/NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care (desirable, but not necessary)
- You also need to be eligible to work in the UK and able to prove residency at your current address. Due to the nature of the role a full, enhanced DBS is required as well as two satisfactory references.
As a Care Assistant, you’ll have the fulfilment of really helping people & enabling them to live independently in their homes.
You may be offering companionship, personal care such as bathing or going to the toilet, or help with medication, be cooking light meals, shopping, helping someone to get out and about etc….
However, the care assistant role also includes getting to know clients personally and providing them with emotional support and company, which contributes positively to their wellbeing.
Although experience is not essential our home carer vacancies will suit people with previous experience working as: Home Care Assistant, Carer, Care Assistant, Health Care Assistant, Support Worker, Personal Carer, Healthcare Assistant or Domiciliary Support Worker, Domiciliary Care Assistant, Domiciliary Health Care Assistant or Domiciliary Carer.
Please note CHSS is a Domiciliary Care Service within our organisation and NOT connected to a Care Home
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £9.00 /hour
- care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hendon, Greater London (Preferred)
- motor (Preferred)
- english (Required)